Tuesday 15 March 2016

UNI Style

WHAT TO REMEMBER!

Here is my list of things to remember when getting ready for uni in the mornings or just generally any time of the year:


DRESS COMFORTABLY!
  • I cannot stress enough how important it is for you to be comfortable on any given day at uni. Chances are, you will be in lecture theaters for upwards of 2 hours and you may only get one break if you are lucky. So ditch the heels and go for a nice pair of comfy walking shoes (unless of course you are comfy in those rocking stilettos made sharp enough to kill a man!). Clothes that do not restrict breathing and blood flow are great. So many times have I gotten up from a lecture to find my waist is basically bruised from the waistband of my jeans. Do not recommend.

Just some inspiration for some outfits that are generally my "go to" outfits. It's always fun to incorporate colour.

STATIONARY!
  • I have been told by many friends that the best stationary are the fun stationary, so embrace the inner weird and get a notebook that has a sloth in a spacesuit on the front cover, or colour block with greens and reds and purples! Or better yet, Steam-punk Star Wars! (so many exclamation marks...) Write in orange instead of red, use star shaped post-its instead of square. Foster your creativity and you'll find you will want to write more and be more creative.

PRESENTING TO THE CLASS!
  • Trust me, you'll thank me when I say that when you are giving a presentation in class, your outfit can actually help with your grade! If you rock up in really slouchy clothes your tutor will not take you seriously more often than not. So dress up a bit, business casual is best as it is vaguely comfortable yet shows that you are interested and serious about the topic, and may also lend more confidence to any speeches you have to do. Therefore you perform better and your tutor will actually listen.
    Love a good stock photo... I need to start taking my camera out places.

SeeYa! xox
Taz

No comments:

Post a Comment