Tuesday 15 March 2016

Long Hair Advice (because you're worth it)

Things no-on tells you about long hair

"Whose hair is this?" *backs away slowly*

So I have long hair, and by long I mean long thick masses of hair down to my hips.

  1. It gets caught EVERYWHERE - headboards, door handles, hair ties, zippers. Which often leads to bits of hair getting ripped out, which leads me to my next point.
  2. IT IS EVERYWHERE. My dad was fixing the hoover the other day and it was full of hair and since its long and light it must be mine because my family all have short dark hair. It's in my brush, on the bathroom floor. I find strands on my clothes and it is so long that I once found a strand in my butt crack - gross.
  3. You have to put your hair up to go to the toilet.
  4. You know those cool pinterest hair tutorials? You can’t do ANY of them because you have too much hair.
  5. People randomly come up to you and say “Your hair’s long”…ok? Is that a compliment? I’m gonna take it as a compliment while you stare at me.
  6. Curling irons don’t work and straighteners last like half an hour.
  7. You take longer in the shower and no-one understands why.
  8. Some days you wake up and want to cut it all off or bleach it some crazy colour.
  9. If you do dye it, you need like 3 bottles of dye.
  10. You need to brush it…a lot.
  11. You will learn the magic of braiding. Braids will be your saviour. And your long hair attracts teenage girls who will braid it for you.
  12. Working out - there will always be hair in your face. When you look up it's there. I once stood up quick and ripped a tiny chunk of my hair out because it was caught under my foot. So buns are your only choice.
  13. Your hair doesn’t ‘tease’, give me a hot day and 20 minutes on the monkey bars and that’s as close as you're gonna get.
  14. Heat is evil…I live in AUSTRALIA! If my hair isn’t up the back of my neck is boiling.
  15. Hair ties snap. I need 2 or 3 hair ties to keep the sheer weight of my hair up in a high ponytail.

Our biggest secret though? On the rare occasion our hair agrees with us and you come out the shower and it just works, we look fine ;)


My hair does get caught on my headboard and door knobs but I love it. Plus I look awful with short hair, but I have friends who rock short hair.


Catch you later xx

No comments:

Post a Comment