Monday 28 March 2016

Happy Easter!

Yes it is that time of year.

The time of year where we all give each other tonnes of chocolate and make ourselves sick by eating too much... or is that just me? Pretty stupid considering I'm allergic to milk chocolate! 
"WHAT??! How can you be allergic????" Everyone always asks me, the answer is because I freaking am? I can only eat dark chocolate, which in the long run is healthier anyway and is still chocolate. I am not complaining!

It being Easter Monday got me thinking... Why don't we celebrate this in the spring of the southern hemisphere? Traditionally Easter is to celebrate the "Resurrection of Christ" and even older than that it was to celebrate the fertility of the land during Pagan rituals, so naturally it should be celebrated when the flowers begin to bloom again, not when the weather starts getting colder. Not to mention, now it is mostly become a holiday where shops can sell you insane amounts of chocolate and is highly commercialized... (hey we call it personal Mondays for a reason right?) Anyway, that is just my opinion on a confusing holiday, all honesty we should be celebrating Halloween....


This weekend I took a small road trip with my boyfriend to some scenic places in the Adelaide hills. We went to the whispering wall and took a little walk around, had some mediocre ice-cream and watched tourists be amazed at the acoustic qualities of a very impressive piece of engineering.


I listened to parents, children, and lovers whisper to each other from 500ft away in perfect clarity. There were fish, turtles, and waterbirds in the water. It was a very calming place, despite the sick feeling in my stomach from having to travel for so long... and getting lost because of google maps wanting us to drive into a protected reserve, through a locked gate...

Talk about more stress than there needed to be! 

Stay Safe! xox


Taz

I've changed my font cause it's easier for me to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment