Thursday 17 March 2016

Books!!!

It's Thursday which means Literature!

The book I'm reading this week is The Firebrand, written by Marion Zimmer Bradley it is a tale of the Trojan war from the perspective of Kassandra, the prophetess cursed to never be believed. She begins as a princess and goes on many adventures while prophesying doom for the people, allies and enemies alike, in Troy. 

This book is inspiring to me as it makes me feel proud to be a woman, and not in the "I hate men and they are useless" kind of way, but in the "Men are important for the balance of nature" viewpoint. It gives clarity and recognizes that everyone has a purpose in life.

My mother introduced me to this book when I was about 13 and I've loved it since. Marion Zimmer Bradley writes books in a true feminist perspective and her concept of the goddess is remarkable.

Anyone who knows the story of the Trojan war knows how it ends for the heroes, but what of the women? Read it to find out! 


5/5 golden fleece, would recommend to any person (you'll get it if you read it)

On a completely unrelated note: HAPPY ST PATRICKS DAY!

Blessings! xox
Taz

No comments:

Post a Comment