Tuesday 15 March 2016

Art?

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!

It's pretty safe to say when it comes to art, I don't really "get" the concepts a lot of artists have tried to portray. Jackson Pollock for example?


Yea... I dont get it, it's paint splattered on a canvas but what does it mean???? I will admit it has a great range of colour, and is probably considered a famous painting (not that i know the name of it). It is vibrant and I would say chaotic, but I wouldn't claim to know much if anything to do with art.

That being said, I will try to learn something. Be it photography, painting, makeup, or even pottery. I do not think I can review art accurately, I can however show art that I find and like. Photos will be taken soon, and something will be learned!

This being said, I can share the name of my current favourite artist and share some of his work. I might even make this a recurring thing...

Dr. Doctor is kinda surreal and had graffiti like art mixed in. The Song is pretty good too.

This Alice in Wonderland painting has a steampunk vibe and the coloured smoke almost seems to symbolize the drugs Alice was probably on when she thought up Wonderland.

Imamachinist shows his speed-paints on YouTube and the videos are accompanied by the Ghost Town song that inspired them. They are dark, beautiful, a little morbid, and I love the fact that there are recurring characters (try to spot them!) His website is http://www.themachinistfactory.com/ check it out!

Take Care! xox

Taz

No comments:

Post a Comment