Wednesday 23 March 2016

Drama Queens

I'm so tired, I'm planning to collapse after I click publish.

Today was my drama performance. The assignment was to perform a play as well as be part of the production team; I was on costuming. Oh and did I mention the performance had to be influenced by Tim Burton?

The running joke throughout our rehearsals was 'when we do it on Broadway' - we even made up songs and stuff. I noticed that there's a certain chemistry in our group that made it work. Basically you need the right combo of motivation, creativity and hard work.

Types of people in a performance
The Princess (Calista), Costume by me

  • The 'Zoe' - Zoe is the one who keeps you all up to date and makes sure your on track and if you stuff up she'll fix it. Everyone needs a Zoe. They are usually the director. 
  • The 'never here' - the one who barely shows up to class and will only have everything ready the morning of the performance, they are the root of 70% of stress.
  • The 'stress head' - the one who stresses not only for themselves but everyone else, they probably have 20 other assignments due and are superstitious.
  • The 'floater' - this person's always in the background, they're there when you need them, but when they aren't needed they disappear. This person more than likely is handling the arts side of things i.e. music or sets.
  • The 'Alice in Wonderland' - This is me, the one who forgets stuff. Can I borrow this? I'll bring it tomorrow, I swear. This person always pulls through but their heads are sometimes in the clouds when they should be working, but when their heads are in the clouds they come up with great ideas, for the Broadway version that is XD

Catch you later xx

No comments:

Post a Comment